Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let the Auctions Begin!

Well, I created my eBay account and listed a few toys that my kids have outgrown or don't use anymore to hit the ground running and see what eBay is all about.  They all have 7 days on the auction, a BIN (buy it now) price, and buyer pays shipping. I was surprised how easy it was to start selling.  I took a couple pictures of my items, looked at other items that were the same as the ones I am selling to get an idea of a price, and posted! I am using this as a test to see how the process works.  I have never bought or sold anything on eBay, so this should be interesting!  

Feel free to see what I have listed and please follow me on Twitter @wifeysellsthing to follow me and see how everything is going!

Lindsey

6 comments:

  1. on the rattle lot, the purple/red one goes on the side of a FP singing toy (i forget the name i donated 1 last month) you could put "replacement part piece" in the title. Replacement items tend to sell well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found a tambourine this morning while I was looking through another tote I have full of baby toys, looks like they are to the same toy. I'm going to pull the lot and sell just the 3 together, and either try to find the rest of the toy or sell as replacement parts. Thanks again! Any advice is so helpful!

      Delete
    2. yeah the toy had a rattle and a small tambourine of the same color. and please post if you happen to remember/run across the name of the toy. I donated the toy but still have the rattle and tambourine :D

      Delete
    3. Fisher-Price Little Superstar Jammin' Band Musical Microphone HAHA! I knew I had to eventually find the name. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-Superstar-Musical-Microphone/dp/B001W1WGEY

      Delete
    4. Can I include a stock photo for the toy itself, and pics of the replacement parts? Is this acceptable or frowned upon? Just so people know what the toy actually is...

      Delete
    5. no stock photos aren't allowed on used items and on new items only if they are out of the ebay library (which at this point doesn't include toys). I wouldn't worry too much those who are looking for it know what they are looking at. :D

      Delete