Thursday, June 26, 2014

Setting Goals

So, I have decided that I need to set goals for myself to really start turning my listing into real money.  I am a spreadsheet, goal setting, organized type of girl, so having money randomly come in or not messes with the flow of things!

I have created a list of goals that starts July 1st.  I will do my absolute best to stick to this!



  1. List at least 5 items per day
  2. Go to the thrift store or garage sales at least 2 times a week
  3. 100% positive feedback
  4. $500 monthly sales (I know this is low compared to all of you long time sellers, but I want my goals to be obtainable!)
  5. Take better photos and write better descriptions
So, I've already started on #5.  I bought myself a mannequin I found for cheap to help list my clothes!  I have a ton of brand new business casual attire that I never wore because I got pregnant with my first baby right after I got my fancy office job, and business casual maternity clothes that barely got worn!  I'm hoping I can make some money off of these, I heard that maternity clothes are a big seller.  I think the mannequin will help them sell, it looks a lot better than a picture of them on my floor or on the bed!

I hope you all had a wonderful June, and are looking forward to July!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I think those are good, attainable goals. My goal my first year of selling was also $500.oo a month and was pretty easy to achieve. Also, dont get too worried about descriptions, ebay has actually went the other way about this and quick, to the point descriptions are best. Easier for mobile devices to read them. My descriptions are usually not much more info than is in my title. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reducing my stress about my descriptions! My pictures still need a lot of work though... my camera was $100 5 years ago, so to say the least, very sub par compared to those professional looking shots that most people take. And I figure I can't make money if I don't list anything, that's why actually getting the listings up is my #1 goal!

      Delete
  2. those are great goals! Just don't be worried when you don't have 100% positive FB. You won't please everyone. My FB is 99.7%. Buyers don't reallly notice feedback until it is under 97-98% best of luck. I'm still working on my July goals :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! I do the same thing every month and reassess my goals.
    I think that thorough descriptions are important because they are starting to count towards the defect rating in August. If a buyer gives you a three or less you get a defect. It doesn't take a lot of time to be thorough - I make my listing in notepad on my computer (its html friendly and will look fine on mobile devices) I have my "rules" at the bottom and then change the description for each item. Even just listing small flaws can save if you if a buyer opens an item not as described case.

    ReplyDelete